OUR SUBSCRIBERS PLEDGE:
This section of our Website will give our current or future Corporate clients an overview of what we do deliver.
A simple, personalized human relationship for all our Corporate Accounts .
Although we do utilize state-of-the-art Computer Reservations systems linked to our in-house WEB site to enhance your Travel experiences , we rely heavily upon personalised human services and a one-contact source to facilitate your Travel. Simplicity and relevance is critical.
Our services extend beyond standard Travel Agency services such as offerring you:
We have a total package of Travel services both ONLINE and OFFLINE – for YOUR COMPANY..
Please invest your time and read through the many advantages and benefits we offer.
Our Team will work with your Team and deliver what we are good at –TRAVEL.
YOUR COMPANY need contact us once only for any or all Travcel bookings within Australia or internationally. We will extract, decipher and advise you of the many airfare and other travel component conditions that may apply to your requested travel policies.
No need to research, remember, book, issue, chase-up, amend, cancel, exchange and suffer the legal ramifications from travel bookings. That is our area of expertise.
ACCOUNTING AND MANAGEMENT REPORTS:
We keep this simple, via ATO approved Tax Invoices and Receipts issued per Travel transaction made with traveller data and other components clearly listed or attached.
All charges are made by us or supplier on your behalf against your nominated card and we can debit one or numerous cards per Department or traveller. Your choice.
CORPORATE TRAVEL SAVINGS:
We will extend to YOUR COMPANY the best available rates on
Additionally, we will extend to YOUR COMPANY our already negotiated reduced AXIS and AMEX rates on Cruises, Tours and Limousine transfers worldwide plus we may be able to extend to your travellers various Frequent Flyer linked discounted Travel rates.
# Although there are many internet based Airfares which you may book ONLINE , they are not always the “lowest” or best options to suit times/dates/routes/carriers or flexibility that you may require. We welcome you to book ONLINE or YOUR COMPANY can rely upon us to decipher these conditions and advise you if youi wish our staff to assist.. Your choice.
Our reputation is your guarantee.
Axis Travel Pty Ltd
Max Najar(CTM), AAMI, A.F.A.I.T.T.(L)
Chairman and Director
Accounting and Management Reports
After 27 years of continued business with a very wide cross section of clients, from individuals to large “blue-chip” companies, we use one simple but powerful accounting system to cater.
1. We require our clients to adopt and use a simple “Signature on File” [S.O.F.] facility.
2. We do not require any Credit checks or referrees. A valid Card is all that we need + use
With the Signature On File facility “SOF” we can manage your company's credit or charge cards on your instructions. You may add to or delete from these requirements at any time.
FEATURES OF OUR 'SIGNATURE ON FILE' FACILITY- denoted “S.O.F.”
We accept any Visa, Mastercard, Diners or Amex card, with a bias towards Diners and Amex as thye have no credit ceilings to concern most travellers.
With YOUR COMPANY we can establish one simple “Signature on File” Account against any of your preferred Credit or Charge Card(s) or a series of cards for each Department or traveller. This is your choice as we can facilitate flexibility and issue/Invoice in accordance with your preferences.
After we obtain your “S.O.F.” account, this is what happens.
1. You only need to advise Axis Travel once your preferred credit or charge cards, the information is securely stored as an ongoing “Signature on File” account.
1. A travel profile: Each traveller may complete our simple Personal Profile form, which is entered into our database to store all preferences, frequent flyer numbers etc. then
2. One contact: You need to make Axis Travel as your sole Travel contact.Your company should then advise us who is your nominated person(s), or if individuals may make contact with us to book travel- or even a bit of both! Once you advise us of your preferences we will accommodate those reqiuests.If you nominate one person then we will accept orders ONLY from that person with communication via email, fax, phone or in person to arrange any aspect of travel such as, flights, hotels, car hire, transfers, tours, Insurances, Visa, conferences , incentives etc. then
3. Ticketing: we provide best value travel arrangements and issue ‘E’ tickets (electronic tickets) wherever possible against your Account BUT we explain in plain english the conditions and options before you commit your Company monies. Your contact (the traveller , Secretary or PA) must be authorised to say YES or NO, as most travel components booked are subject to terms and conditions and fees/penalties. An ATO approved tax invoice is sent to you.
4. If you do the bookings yourself via our Website (ONLINE) then all travel bookings can be confirmed and tickets issued with appropriate paperwork emailed to you robotically.
5. If you request our staff to do Travel bookings (OFFLINE) then we complete the travel booking based on your requests (subject to availability), await your email, phone or fax confirmation of bookings made and issue tickets and vouchers as required.
6. Your accountant's time will be dramatically reduced as the paperwork is minimum.
We can provide YOUR COMPANY with detailed management reports upon request.
This can be per Department, per Traveller or per Company.
Unlike other large Corporate Agencies and Airlines, Axis Travel does not levy any charges for such reports.
A “SERKO” example is attached. This is our most common request.
Such comparisons ensure that you are aware of your travel budget and adherence to your Company Travel Policy is maintained. From this source you may vary or adjust your Travel policies to suit . Most similar reports are cost free to you.
AXIS TRAVEL Computer and Website facility.
Our Computer system
We are recognised as being the only South Australian travel agency that has a total package of of a Computer Reservations System that synchronises the *AMADEUS Computer Reservations System, with a fully audited SERKO database accounting System and an in-house WEB site that allows consumers to research, retrieve and book their own Travel Itinerary robotically from the one “portal” site- without the need to connect to other sites.
This total integration of Computer software and facilities is designed to enhance the Travel experience and add unique values to your Travel experience with us.
We give you the ability to research and book ONLINE or OFFLINE. Your choice.
If Axis staff are asked to book and issue airtickets, a nominal fee may be levied but that also equates to us automatically assuming accountability and responsibility . This includes our services to correctly Invoice, track, amend, cancell and assist each traveller for any such
*AMADEUS is the same system that Qantas, British Airways and Cathay Pacific have recently adopted. We have direct inventory access to seats and can instantly offer you the best available fare at the time of booking.
We will book and ticket the OFFLINE carriers, such as Virgin Blue , Jetstar and other Internationally based “no frills” Airlines for you BUT we will only place these ONLINE via our website , once we are satisfied and confident that they can deliver seamless ticketing facilities, audit trails, refunds, exchanges and upgrade services in an online environment that uses stable and secured protocols.
Our investment in the latest technology must complement our solid believe that the Airlines and suppliers that we deal with maintain an integrity of quality products and services as we work on behalf of our clients who also entrust us with what we advise and deliver.
The AXIS TRAVEL website
Our Website is maintained and updated internally, allowing us to instantly update and remove Travel deals (most that are never advertised to consumers).
Our Website is secured for Internet access externally with multiple firewalls and encrypted codes to protect what is inputted.
The Axis Travel website is not just a website but a “PORTAL” site .
We have developed our site to be used as a large library (built inside a fortress!) with many rooms that you can enter, exit and return to as you please. The main point is that we are the librarian and we examine the authenticity of books before they are placed on the shelves , to protect you(and us). A clients ability to research Travel and relevant data, compare products, book travel and have tickets/vouchers and foreign cash issued, retrieve their travel bookings, email us and make secured ONLINE payments are the most important factors that have been positively commented to us by users.
We accept no bias or advertising or sponsorship as it is within our philosophy to maintain “the worlds’ first unbiased travel portal website”.
Our unique WEB site allows you to go beyond only booking Travel and having tickets issued, but extends to you over 55,000 Hotels to book from and search from over 600,000 airfare permutations, request Cruise bookings, issue your Travel Insurance ONLINE or order and collect Foreign monies (travellers cheques or foreign cash) from your preferred nominated American Express Foreign Exchange office – anywhere in Australia.A relevant and user-friendly Web site @ www.axistravel.com.au
Please “save” our website as your desktop FAVOURITES so that you can use us regularly.
o To re-inforce our site integrity , our website www.axistravel.com.au is also quality approved by AMERICAN EXPRESS INC (New York) with an AMEX Fraud Protection™ guarantee and internal firewalls plus Windows Prof XP2 security.
Some WEB site content descriptions are
1. “VIRTUALLY THERE" Is A FREE web-based secured, travel itinerary database, allowing travellers to view their travel bookings 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from any airline lounge, home, laptop, PDA, Internet Café or any computer anywhere – worldwide (huge time savings!). This allows the traveller to view LIVE and be updated to the minuite with any travel changes that may have occurred after their departure from their home town. “VIRTUALLY THEREP” will save valuable time and cost communicating to/from your home-based staff. See an example on our website at www.axistravel.com.au Should an unexpected voluntary change to your itinerary be necessary, a simple email to Axis Travel will also allow us to amend, change or cancel your travellers data and relay these updates back into "VIRTUALLY THERE" . We have now included the ability for Frequent Flyers to also log-in and retrieve their (or their partners) Frequent Flyer bookings made on Qantas or other One World partners when booked through Axis Travel Centres’, Frequent Flyer staff.
2. SMARTFARES Is a FREE web-based international airfare quoting system which will allow you the choice to price your own itinerary, using your own This is the exact same database that most licensed Australian Travel Agents use in-house, but we have had re-worded with less jargon to be readable by our valued clients. You can request your preferred airline and/or any airline combination instantly, all from a multiple range of options. With over 580,000 permutations , many are updated on a daily basis to give you the very latest International airfare deals. Once the itinerary and airfare is chosen, you may simply email Axis Travel to authorise the issue of your ticket. You and your staff can now obtain international airfare quotes instantly ONLINE.You can even request your preferred Frequent Flyer alliance partners when getting quotes. Enter via our website www.axistravel.com.au
3.refers to Travel deals on Domestic, International ,VIP and Cruise offers that are not advertised extensively but we have sourced from within Australia and from our overseas partners. The majority of deals that we advertise on our website are exclusive, they have a limited sell-time duration but include exceptional value-added items. Our clients booking these deals are the perfect endorsement that it works well ! We tend to place the best-value deals ONLINE with many sourced outside of standard Australian marketplaces.
4. AVIS VEHICLE RENTALS. We have a direct link to the AVIS worldwide car rental computer reservation system with our discounted AVIS Corporates rates already alloacted when you make a booking. In addition you may link to the free weather and driving condtions including distances via this site. Australian & Worldwide AVIS reservations can be made.
5. CRUISECO As full members of “CRUISECO” , a cruise consortium which places us amongst a select few (100 out of over 4,000 Travel Agencies in Australia) this linkage allows you direct access into the very best Australia based and Worldwide Cruise deals in the world. The ability to look at the Ship, the cabin plans, even view your rooms, and even get a 3D virtual reality view of some vessels.
An auto email response to Axis Travel will allow us follow up your request. We extend to you the best available prices and cabin / Cruise deals + upgrades, with exclusive airfare add-ons on most international cruises. This allows YOUR COMPANY to take advantage of exclusive benefits to use for your leisure, conference or even incentive options for your staff. Cabin upgrades can save thousands of dollars per booking, with exclusive group negotiating power. Most of these deals are not publicly advertised . As an exclusive Cruiseco benefit, you can also gain free QANTAS Frequent Flyer points when we book International Cruises on your behalf-and you need not even fly QANTAS to get these points ! Ask us.
6. + TRAVEL INSURANCE are an essential component of your travel costs to protect against personal accident/illness or if some thing unexpectedi interfers with your best laid plans. In accociation with both AMERICAN EXPRESS/TRAVELSCENE and QBE Insurance – we offer you a choice to issue your own travel policy ONLINE. You will be able to decide your own cover that will be appropriate to your trip. This linkage is a result of strong client demands. Unlike other Insurance policies that you may read about, both products have been specifically written and adapted to suit the demands of our complex Travel Industry. Be safe. Be sure.
7. QUICKBEDS Some of the best discounted “last minute” Australian and New Zealand Hotel rates bookable ONLINE. Although we have thousands of other Hotels that we can book via our reservations systems offering discounted Corporate rates, QUICKBEDS is another useful tool that you may wish to book yourself ONLINE. Especially useful for any “unsold” Australian Hotel rooms.
8.Regarded by parts of the Media, travel industry and clients as one of our most impressive WEB sections, this section is a composite of our own intelligence, expertise along with those gathered from clients, Government and industry partners. It is an excellent guide of what to be aware of, what not to do, what to do and how best to travel with at any time. Interesting and very unique. We seem to get much Media referencing of this section.
9. REDEEM2GO is our exclusive service of managing your Frequent Flyer points. We “deconfuse the confusion”..This service of Axis Travel manages, advises and books your Frequent Flyer seats/rooms.. Information is updated weekly from Australia and Worldwide . We use our daily expertise to deliver the very best Frequent Flyer airline tickets, hotels and car rental bookings using your Points. We can transfer points from your held Credit/charge cards to the relevant supplier and also extend to you the best advice, route and bonus offers, reduced point schemes . We complete the entire Frequent Flyer transactions up to and including the verification that tickets requested are issued correctly and link these with any Hotel, Car, Cruise, Tour or other travel bookings that need to be added. Nominal service fees apply.
10 AMERICAN EXPRESS INTERNATIONAL We are a part of the world’s largest Travel Agency group plus we are a licensed cardmember servicing and Foreign Exchange office provide you with direct linkages, plus explanation of all AMEX services offered,. Additionally if you use your AMEX card ONLINE via ou site, we extend to you
AMEX CARD FRAUD PROTECTION policy. This is unique and extends absolute security to our valued clients.
11 : FX4You is a simple and efficient Internet based ordering system for travelers cheques and foreign cash, provided by Axis Travel Centre on behalf of American Express Foreign Exchange in addition to the ability to issue you with your own Telstra Phoneaway® card for international phone calls, so you can keep in touch wherever you are in the world. You can also nominate to collect these from the Axis Travel Office in Adelaide or any nominated Australian based AMEX Foreign Exchange Office as noted on the Axis website. Axis Travel Centre is a licensed AMEX Foreign Exchange office.
Extra Services we offer.
Whatever services we offer ONLINE via our Website, we also offer OFFLINE via our bricks and mortar office via personal visitation, telephone, fax or email.
Anyone can book a cheap airline ticket – but having access to the best overall deal whilst interpreting conditions and using industry expertise and contacts is the better way to go.
Bargain-based fares are released by airlines and hoteliers on a regular basis but can become very confusing and are often highly conditional. We are here to assist you-all the way.
We are proud to also extend to YOUR COMPANY these additional Travel related services.
THE AXIS TRAVEL DIFFERENCE- extra unique services we offer.
As an Axis Travel client you will enjoy the advantages of our Axis Travel agency negotiated rates plus the American Express Worldwide Select Hotel Program. Here you can take advantage of exclusive corporate hotel rates that no other travel consortium, agency or agency group can offer you.
American Express continues to develop and enhance its Worldwide Select Hotel Program to meet the needs of global business travellers.
Axis Travel offers you the benefit of our own negotiated rates that may include reduced prices, room upgrades, free breakfasts, use of Club floors, free limousine transfers , extra Frequent Flyer points or other bonuses that vary but we are able to negotiate and pass onto our valued clients.
THE BENEFITS OF THE WORLDWIDE SELECT HOTEL PROGRAM
ü • Axis Travel ONE-CONTACT service. No need to speak to hotel staff who may not understand your company's individual requirements. ONE-CONTACT for all air flights, hotels, cars, insurances etc.
ü • Savings of up to 60% off the standard room rates.
ü • Dedicated American Express Club floors in many Hotels. Free refreshments, computers, lounges.
ü • Select exclusive rates to American Express.
ü • Select value added benefits such as complimentary breakfasts, free newspapers, free local calls, upgraded room, suit/dress pressing.
ü • A “No Walk” Agreement where a booked hotel must offer an alternative & pay costs to both get you to the alternative Hotel and any extra room costs applicable.
ü • Last room availability- even when booked out, they must offer all (any) rooms.
ü • Price Promise at the price confirmed without any increases.
ü • Comprehensive geographic coverage-worldwide.
Worldwide Customer Care™
Axis Travel Centre is an offical representative of the American Express Travel Network, in addition to being a licensed American Express Foreign Exchange Office and also an American Express Cardmember representative Office.
As part of more than 1700 American Express representative offices in over 130 countries worldwide, Axis Travel Centre is proudly part of the largest global travel agency network We are acknowledged worldwide as being an integral user of this Wor;dwide Customer Care Service™ culture. Our agency has received numerous Awards for delivering service excellence. We appear on many of their in-house Training Manuals, videos and DVD’s.
Through this powerful network we are able to offer you Worldwide Customer Care™, an invaluable global traveller support service available exclusively to customers of American Express agencies such as Axis Travel Centre.
This means that when you book your travel through Axis Travel Centre you automatically become an exclusive customer of the American Express network. More than 1700 offices around the world will be available for assistance should you need it during your trip.
Our service does not stop when you leave home… your “agency” virtually travels away with you! And no other travel agency outside the American Express Network can offer that kind of service or strength!
With Worldwide Customer Care ™you can take advantage of the following exclusive services.
• VIP assistance with airline tickets. Have you ever experienced the inconvenience of making changes to your flight itinerary when you are overseas? Not only is it frustrating when conflicting time zones prevent you from contacting your Australian travel agent, but so is waiting on hold or being transferred from one extension to another when trying to deal with airlines direct. Axis Travel Centre can help you avoid such time wasting efforts. Because American Express is an important customer to all the worldwide airlines and hotels, you can take advantage of American Express negotiating power when it comes to re-confirming or changing your airline reservations (such as re-routing and re-issuing tickets, subject to airline conditions). As a Worldwide Customer Care ™client, let your nearest American Express representative office make your itinerary changes during your trip so that you can keep your schedule uninterrupted and hassle-free.
• Foreign monies in a Foreign land: for personal cheque cashing facilities, replacing lost or stolen travellers' cheques, or a lost American Express card.
• Local knowledge. If you happen to have a free night during your business trip, or perhaps need to entertain clients, let your nearest American Express travel office suggest and book your entertainment or sight-seeing reservations for you. The American Express offices with their important local bargaining power can sometimes have more influence over entertainment venues than some hotels! Again, this service is exclusive to you as a Worldwide Customer Care ™traveller.
• Guarantee of English-speaking staff in every office.
You can travel confidently with Axis Travel Centre knowing that more than 1700 American Express travel offices are behind you with the advantage of Worldwide Customer Care. You'll find it’s an exceptional part to any other travel service, and exclusively yours by booking your travel through Axis Travel Centre.
The “Personal Profile” procedure
Do you need to achieve a balance between cost savings and traveller convenience?
Our “Personal Profile” form details all your needs and requirements. Once we have this dats, that is what we rely upon to ensure that personal preferences and card details are adhered to.
This travel procedures policy can provide a valuable guide to cover important issues that may need to be resolved while you are travelling.
KEY TRAVEL QUESTIONS
• To whom are your staff required to submit travel authorisation forms?
• What is your policy regarding spouse/companion travel?
• What are your frequent flyer and credit/card details?
• What are your company’s emergency, en route changes procedures?
• What are your after-hours travel service instructions?
• • What procedures are to be taken if a hire car accident occurs?
• Are there executive privileges?
• • Required use of corporate credit cards? Who can use what card?
We adapt your designated travel policy tailored to suit your needs therefore assisting with the efficient management of your entire travel portfolio. Axis Travel staff are stringent in abiding by your company's pre-set limits, standards, classes and routes that you ask us to monitor.
This can lead to real cost savings.
We recommend that the most “regular” travelers complete this form, whereas the “one-off” Travelers that YOUR COMPANY wish us to attend to need not do so.
Are You Adequately Insured?
You would be amazed at how many companies still rely on an extension of their general company insurance policies to cover their staff and themselves for the many risks associated with travel.
You may wish to consider an annual travel insurance policy for your most regular domestic and international travellers. We not only recommend these policies, we assist with and monitor claims to ensure that best insurance protection is there to adequately protect our client and their interests. The recent Iraq War, Bali drama(s), the SARS outbreak and airline collapses are good reminders of how important is a good travel insurance policy.
However, the cost of a policy is totally negated if conditions are not there to protect the traveller. Most companies are not fully aware of what and how much these “extensions” actually cover... until a claim is made!
Please contact us if you require the less-expensive ANNUAL TRAVEL INSURANCE POLICY for your Business and regular travellers. Most full year Policies can be issued from $490 per year – allowing huge savings from having us issue Individual Policies.QBE and COVERMORE-VERO Travel Insurance now offers FREE Qantas Frequent Flyer points when we issue your Travel Insurance Policy if the person travelling is a Qantas Frequent Flyer.
A free way to get extra points.
Here’s a typical scenario to think about…
An employee of your company becomes ill or is involved in a car accident during an overseas business trip. There is considerable doubt about the doctors and the medical care available to them at their location.
What are the repercussions and liability that would fall back to your company if you have inadequate cover, let alone the loss of your key personnel if the medical assistance they received was defective and consequently resulted in further complications?
What about issues such as cash in hospital, wrongful arrest, missed flight connections, personal liability, kidnap & ransom, hijack and replacing ill executives? Something as simple as lost or damaged luggage belonging to staff travelling for your business can become very complicated if their property and/or samples could not be replaced in time or adequately covered due to insufficient company travel insurance.
Could it happen to you or your staff? Are the countries you travel to safe? Check the items mentioned in your current insurance policy. Are you aware of the limitations associated with certain claims?
Axis Travel Centre has examined a number of travel insurance company policies and we feel the saying “You only get what you pay for” is absolutely true! From our own experience we know that only specialised travel insurers can provide the best possible cover as far as your business or personal travel is concerned. We have both the AMEX/TRAVELSCENE and the QBE Travel linkage via our WEB site for you to issue ONLINE or you may contact us direct to have issued.
Key Performance Indicators
DOMESTIC AIR TICKETS
We are basing all return confirmations on a two-hour response time.
EMAILS: Within two hours from email receipt.
For an efficient and speedy service, we encourage the use of email communications. They will be able to instantly retrieve via email sent by our office or via our web www.axistravel.com.au "Virtually There" option.
PHONE CALLS: Immediate or return call to book flights within two hours.
FAXING: Within two hours of receipt.
These are based on three provisos:
1. We must have a traveller's profile (name/frequent flyer numbers and preferences) already on file when the request is made.
2. We must have a current “Signature on File” Account.
3. We must be able to secure air seats/fares/carrier on the data initially given. If it entails us talking with you to get the corrected/adjusted details, then it will obviously take longer
We are very aware of the limited “Instant Purchase” domestic seats that are available for a short period only, we will book seats as soon as practical or in most cases depending on availability, we can book these seats on-the-spot while you are waiting on phone.
You can either research, compare and book ONLINE or have our staff perform the travel booking(s) but we will decipher and explain airfare and other Travel component conditions to you BEFORE issuing any component. Some Internet airfares levy a Ticket Issue fee if Agency staff become involved (see individual Airline/Agency policies). We will advise you exact fares and conditions on each occasion- before you commit.
AIR FLIGHT “OK” PROCEDURE
It is preferred that all flight requests are confirmed (via fax or email) by the corporate booking clerk or traveller prior to ticket issue. This is to ensure that all the booking details are booked and confirmed as requested and that airfare conditions and restrictions are understood. This is particularly being enforced by all airlines worldwide to ensure that not only fees & charges are kept to a minimum but also security, name change issues etc do not impact on the clients unnecessarily.
Our protocols enabling auto-emailing and/or a special fax stamp and reminders are already in place to ensure that the corporate booking clerk and all travellers follow this simple OK procedure. You have a choice-let us know what suits YOUR COMPANY best.
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT BOOKINGS
These are much more complex, but our key performance indicators are:
• SIMPLE POINT-TO-POINT: Respond within four hours -- but we must be same day with options given if that is within a travellers' profile.
• COMPLEX ITINERARY: Respond within 24 hours with minimum of 2 options or 36 hours if more variations are required. International hotels/cars can add further complexities but we have instigated internal “Quotation/Booking Reports” that default to Axis Travel staff if our responses are not made back to our clients within 24 hours.
Let us get started!